Etiquette is the socially acceptable way of doing certain things so you won’t embarrass yourself or others. The term we’re hearing a lot now is “social distancing” which offers acceptable alternatives to the handshake and how we great others comfortably.
Right now, with the so much information circulating about Covid-19 and its uncertainty we all should practice caution, but not fear.
If you chose not to shake hands you can simply say:
• “Currently, I’m going handshake free for everyone’s concern.”
• You don’t want to allude that you or someone else may have germs.
• Don’t be offended if someone declines to shake your hand, again you should want to practice caution.
• This would be the same for the flu, pink eye or any contagion one might have.
• Remain professional, be friendly, smile, maintain good eye contact.