Friday, December 13, 2019

One of my favorite go-to places is The London Tea Room. It’s a quaint little British-style shop nestled in the heart of St. Louis, Missouri. A friend and I recently attended the shop’s English Christmas Tea, which is based on the traditional afternoon teas of England. The room was festively decorated with Christmas décor and filled with holiday music. Blue and white coordinating china place settings were adorned with the traditional “cracker party favors”, fresh flowers and white linen. We received a 3-tier tray filled with delicious savories, scones, clotted cream, jams and sweet pastries along with teapots of a variety of their most popular teas. It all made for a fun afternoon on a cold winter day. The London Tea Room also offers classes in tea history, tea blending and scone making. (Yes, I took that class and they came out great!) I enjoy going to the tea room when I want to get away and treat myself to one of over 80 varieties of tea, a slice of deep-dish quiche, and of course those delicious hot orange-cranberry scones. For me, it is the idea place to take friends and clients for a spot of tea and some etiquette culture!

No comments:

Post a Comment