Saturday, July 23, 2016

I recently returned from a trip to the Lone Star State, Dallas, Texas. I was attending a conference, which was presented by the National Association of Urban Etiquette Professionals (NAUEP). I had a fabulous time! The trip started off a little shaky as the flight was tossed about with some turbulence due to a severe rainstorm in the Dallas area. The pilot had to rise above the turbulent conditions and circle the plan before he brought the plane to a smooth landing. Once landed, I grab my bags, hailed a taxi and headed for the hotel. The minute I  arrive at the hotel, the rain lifted, the sun came out and the weather was absolutely beautiful the rest of my stay in Dallas! Praise God! 

I had a roommate for the conference, Carolyn Powery from Florida. It was almost like being back at college. We enjoyed chatting, sharing ideas, and hanging out together.

The first night was an "All White" reception. White is not my best color to wear and I thought about just wearing something else, but I manage to find something that was suitable. So glad I did. . .every lady in the place had on white and I do mean everyone!

The next day was loaded with great speakers, photo shoots, vendor tables, awards luncheon and networking with old and new members. Lot's of information, materials, sharing and gleaning. The biggest surprise was the awards luncheon. Lady Trenette Wilson, the founder of NAUEP presented four awards: Etiquette Instructor of the Year, Debutante Instructor of the Year, Leadership Instructor of the Year, and Etiquette Legacy Award. And to my surprise, the Instructor of the Year was awarded to me! It truly took me by surprise. I almost choke on my meal! I could have flown back home without the plane!

They are considering taking the conference to New Orleans in 2018. I'm already looking forward to that trip! Congratulations to all the NAUEP members. What a beautiful sisterhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment